Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Field Trip by Jessica

We took a trip to the Butterfly park. When we were inside, I saw 2 butterflies mating. It was yellow and black. Aishwarya spotted a butterfly laying eggs. When my group walked on, we saw some signs that tell more information about the butterfly. I saw a Duffer Dam Faun. It is a kind of butterfly. Later, we came to see some green butterflies spreading their wings wide. They looked marvelous. I spotted a brown butterfly camouflaging. Iona and Aishwarya couldn't see it. We came up the stairs and saw a butterfly walking on the ground. We saw its wing rip. I could tell, that butterfly is going to be danger because of its predators. Matthew saw a Preying Mantis up on a net. My group saw many chrysalis on display. There were shiny ones, and humongous ones, and I saw the smallest, tiniest chrysalis. Later on, we came to a fountain. There were fish and we saw a froglet! I also saw a tadpole. My group came to see the turtles with red and yellow stripes and giant shells and it had red eyes. When the whole grade two came inside the butterfly museum, we saw Giant Millipede, Jewel insects, Blue Morpho (it is my favorite,) Leaf frog, Green Mantis, Long legged Katyid, Man faced bug.

And in the Bird Park, We saw Ostrich, black headed Bulbul, Toucan, ducks, roosters, flamingos. When we came to the flamingo park, We came to a waterfall! We went on a bridge and suddenly, we were in the waterfall! My group saw a rainbow in the end of the waterfall. It was sure a hot day! But still, we enjoyed. Mathew, Iona, Aishwarya, Me, and Mrs. Hambly took a long walk to all the way to our bus. Aishwarya was really, really tired. She and me were tired of reminding of the droppings (which are the birds' poo.) and seeing all those droppings. In Dinosaur World, I saw a wedding. Well however, it was very, very tiring but IT WAS THE BEST FIELD TRIP EVER!!!

4 comments:

Mr.Marshall said...

Fantastic writing Jessica. I loved how you put lots of details describing the chrysalis. I also liked how you put the words, "Blue Morpho (it is my favorite)". Did you take notes in your little notebook?
Mr.Marshall

2MM Student said...

Thank you, Mr. Marshall for the comment. And yes I did write notes in my notebook.

Jessica

2MM Student said...

Dear Jessica,
Wonderful! we really liked your writing. we knew so many names of butterflies from your post. we hope that this trip was very enjoyable for you.

John

2MM Student said...

super exellent writing jessica that was to much to write for you. from adlin